Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweet Tooth : ]

Last night, I walked into a cupcake bakery that recently opened in a local shopping center. There were about a dozen different flavors to choose from, each looking delicious in its own way. My friend and I each picked out a flavor, I chose red velvet and she chose carrot cake, and then we brought them back to my house to eat. However, it felt wrong to enjoy such delectable treats without the proper entertainment. We decided to watch DC Cupcakes so that we could watch professionals make amazing cupcake creations while we enjoyed our desserts.

As we watched, I began to think about the different ways that desserts bring people together and help form relationships. For example, my friend and I bonded over our common love for cupcakes as we ate them together while the sisters on the show bonded as they ran their company together. Families pass down dessert recipes through generations and, at least in my family, often bake and eat them together. My best friend and I have a tradition of finding a new cupcake place to try each time we go on a vacation together, which is one of the yummiest traditions I have. Today is your lucky day because I am going to share our findings and some of my other favorite dessert places with you!

Cupcakes Across America:
Cup of Cake- Glenview, IL
Sprinkles- Los Angeles, CA
Sweet Mandy B's- Chicago, IL
Crumbs- New York City, NY

Other Delicious Treats:
Dairy Bar- Glenview, IL
Berry Moon- Chicago, IL
Yogurtopia- Los Angeles, CA
Tiggani's- Granada, Spain
Ghiradelli- South Beach, FL

Satisfy your craving for sweets, give these a try! Bring somebody with you, it may just become your new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment